Industrial Tests, Inc. offers a wide range of services regarding the maintenance and acceptance testing procedures for generators. Our generator specialists are trained to detect the signs of winding damage and failure. They are also experts on winding support and can evaluate your generator system for looseness, along with in-depth inspections on Coil Wedges, proper tightness and signs of movement or failure, and HV Stator Coil inspections with regards to Corona Discharge.
We offer the following Generator Testing Practices:
Partial Discharge Testing
- PD Testing is non-invasive surveillance technique, which allows your facility to stay “on-line”. This innovative method of testing detects and identifies potential defects or errors in your facilities generator motor. The PD characteristic can be used to identify the nature, region and severity of the PD activity. Test data can indicate slot discharge, discharge from voids, delamination of the winding, loose windings, and end-winding discharge. PD Testing provides your company with essential maintenance and up-keep information, useful to those who prefer to choose a non-invasive method that will not affect your daily operations.
On-line Stator Winding Partial Discharge
- We will visit your facility and perform On-line PD measurements, and use this data as a gauge for the condition of the stator winding insulation. We can take annual reading’s and use this material to trend results over time , allowing for possible problems to be detected early-on and giving ample time for corrective actions to be taken.
On-line Generator Condition Monitoring
- The Generator Condition Monitor (GCM) is a monitor designed to focus on the thermal particulate concerns of the Generator. Sometimes these mechanisms can be very arduous and sensitive, requiring specialized training for accurate interpretation. Industrial Tests, Inc. will visit your plant or facility on a predetermined or specified schedule, and check functionality on your device.
Corona Detection Camera
- Our Corona Detection Camera can detect, identify, and specifically document Corona, Arcing, and discharge on Generators Coils or Motors. If you take advantage of our Corona Camera inspection services, and carry out regular inspections on your generators, we can preemptively detect possible faults and prevent costly power outages.
DC Insulation resistance (IR) and Polarization Index(PI)
- By conducting a proper IR test and Polarization Index, we can properly check that the stator will be able to withstand the corresponding operating stress.
Dielectric Dishcharge (DD)?and Step Voltage (SV)
- The Dielectric Discharge Test and the Step Voltage Test are extraordinarily useful tools in showing indicator levels of absorbed dirt and moisture, as well as over-stressed insulators.
AC Power factor and Capacitance
- The use of the Power Factor and Capacitance Test for stator coils has been used by electric machinery manufacturers and users since the original standard was issued in 1968.?? This recommended practice applies to stator coils or bars (half coils) of electric machinery operating at any voltage level.? Industrial Tests, Inc. has the capabilities of field testing individual stator coils outside and within the core, and completely wound stators.
Online Test for Rotor Winding Integrity
- This test is implemented for preventing possible defects, along with detecting and repairing any defects already in place. Whether it’s brand new, or an old and repaired rotor, it can be tested for integrity before the timely installation begins. This will essentially reduce plant overhead and production waste, but increase overall manufacturing quality.
- We can test prior to start-up of a new or overhauled excitation system, so that we can eradicate the time of costly and unsafe operations at full speed. During planned maintenance outages, we can verify that the excitation system protective devices are all set accordingly and performing to their specific industry standards.
- We can also completely troubleshoot your excitation system, whenever you are experience any unknown problems. We can attempt to locate the problem without operating the machine and exposing the generator to a potentially damaging over-excitation incident; we always take every precaution when dealing with your equipment, because we truly know the value of unnecessary down-time.
- Generator relays (SEL 300G, GE489, Beckwith M3425, etc.) are field tested and checked for the correct calibration with our highly advanced 3 phase test-sets.
- It is critical that you can, with full confidence, trust the instruments on your generator system. Allowing Industrial Tests, Inc. to use low DC voltage tests on your Thermocouples, RTDs, and Insulated Bearings are an easy and sure-handed method to check whether you have continuity and the necessary resistances to earth.
EL CID and Ring Flux test
- A very important procedure that should be taken advantage of during an outage is checking for core damage. Electromagnetic Core Imperfection Detection (EL CID) is used to check the integrity of the inter-laminar insulation for stator cores of generators. A fault occurring within the laminated stator results in a hot spot and causes a catastrophic failure of a generator in service. It is also particularly beneficial to test before and after any core repairs have been made, to ensure that upon start-up, all possible risks are minimized.
- A remote visual inspection with our video endoscopes on your generator, steam turbine, or gas turbine, will allow us to engage in a foreign object search. Extensive visual inspections are one of the best non-invasive maintenance procedures that a company can implement, and having a team of our trained engineers conducting the inspection only means that you’ll have complete confidence in the entire process.
Industrial Tests, Inc. Providing Generator Testing To California And Nationwide
With offices in outside Sacramento and Fresno, California, Industrial Tests, Inc. provides Generator Testing services to clients throughout California including San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego as well as Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Texas and nationwide. We serve industrial, commercial and municipal clients in various industries including power stations, power plants, wind and solar, petro-chemicals, manufacturing, hotels, hospitals, municipalities, defense contractors, data centers and many other applications that rely on high power electric equipment. Whatever your Generator Testing needs may be, contact us and we will make sure that your equipment is treated with the care and safety requirements that it deserves. See our full line of electrical testing.
Latest From The Blog About Generator Testing
Electrical distribution services are part and parcel of any infrastructural setup. It's practically impossible to manage any sort of infrastructure without such services. Now, having these electrical distribution services is oneMore...
- Electrical Testing
- High Voltage Testing
- Power Transformer Testing
- Power Cable Testing
- Ground Fault Testing
- Generator Testing
- Hi Pot Testing
- Circuit Breaker Testing
- SF6 Circuit Breaker Testing
- Neta Testing
- Megger Test
- Switchgear Testing
- Protective Relay Testing
- Fall of Potential Ground Test
- Instrument Testing
- Solar Energy Testing
- Other Services
- Career Opportunities
- Contact Us